Skip to content Skip to footer

Dining Room

Welcoming Our Guests

Sorrounded by paintings and large windows

In this large and bright room, enriched with family paintings, we have welcomed our guests for centuries. Today, anyone who stays in our suites will taste the buffet in this prestigious room.

  • Crucifixion
  • Portrait of a woman
  • Family Portrait
  • Pastoral Scene
  • Painted Fans
  • Portrait of an abbot


Portable wooden altarpiece dating back to the late 13th century. Realized by an unknown author, it presumably comes from beyond the Adriatic, as the red background was characteristic of the religious icons of the Schiavoni and the Byzantines. Saints depicted: Saint Francis, Saint Catherine of Alexandria, and others. An interesting detail is the evanescent angels who collect the blood of the Crucifix in small cups.

Portrait of a woman

Countess Marianna Berioli, wife of Carlo Della Porta, maternal aunt and uncle of Carlo Fiorenzi. Pencil drawing made by her nephew Carlo in the early twentieth century.


Family Portrait

The whole family of Count Teodosio Fiorenzi in the year 1900. There are Count Teodosio, his wife Countess Eleonora Della Porta, and their eight children: Lorenzo, Pierfilippo, Teresa, Maria, Ferdinando, Antonio, Carlo and Oliviero.

Pastoral Scene

The oil painting on canvas made by an unknown artist dates back to the first half of the 17th century.

Painted Fans

The two rectangular paintings framing the two faces of a precious oil painted fan are attributed to the hand of Guido Reni (Bologna, 4 November 1575 – Bologna, 18 August 1642), an Italian painter and engraver. The two fans were made for a princess from Este to be part of a wedding trousseau. One represents a village in the countryside and the other the “Judgment of Paris” scene. It seems that Reni, fascinated by the charming future bride, took inspiration for the subject of his work “The double victorious endeavor of innocence and beauty”.

Portrait of an abbot

In 1569 the Town of Osimo donated plots of land in Montecerno, on the way to Offagna, to the Fiorenzi family in 1569. Shortly afterwards in the same year, Teodosio obtained a ‘motu proprio’ from Pope Pius V, establishing the County of Montecerno and conferring the title of Count in perpetuity on him and his family. In 1571, after Antonio, father of Teodosio, had started restoration work on the church of Santa Maria, which already existed on that hill, next to the ruins of an ancient castle, the Pope granted him patronage thereof, with the commitment to maintain, increase and preserve it. Thus, the Abbey of Castel Baldo grew on the ruins and Count Fiorenzi was appointed patron of the abbey by the Pope, with the privilege of appointing the abbot who would succeed him upon his death. Abbot Francesco Fiorenzi, depicted in the miniature, was the tenth and last abbot of the abbey of Santa Maria di Castel Baldo.

Contact us for more information.
We will tell you our story if you like!

    Subscribe for the updates!

    [mc4wp_form id="461" element_id="style-11"]